Adress: 1, Kanta street, Kaliningrad
Phone: +7 (4012) 63-17-05
There were more than hundred gravestones and epitaphs inside and outside of Cathedral, which dates from different periods of time and has different art level. The first burial dates from 1335 year- it is burial of Ludger von Braunschweig - the Great Magister of Teutonic Orden. The latest burial dates from 1809 year – it is the burial of deadborn Prince Wilhelm’s son.
In 1588 in the Nord part of Cathedral was founded the professorial burial place.On the 28th February of 1804 there was buried the great German philosopher Immanuel Kant. The grave and the gave stone of Julius Rupp – the founder of “Free Catholic- Evangelic Community”, representative of democratic movement of 40th of XIX century, member of Prussian Parliament during 1849-1862- remained in the south side of Cathedral’s territory - on the “bishop square”. In the Nord Cathedral’s tower Chancellor Martin von Wallenrodt founded the Wallenrodt Library. There were more than 10 thousand books about Prussian history and history of nobility.
In 1591 altar part was completely built and new altar was made. Big organ appeared in Cathedral in 1721. But in 1888 it was replaced with new one, made by M. Sterletskiy. In 1833 Cathedral was completely repaired.
Many times Cathedral was in Fire and then it was repaired – every time. During the Second World War of 1941-1945 it was strongly destroyed after the bombardments. The interior hasn’t remained, gravestones with epitaphs has remained just partly. Since 1992 the Cathedral church is being resurrected after the Second World War. The Cathedral is one of the oldest monuments of architecture. It has the great art-architectural and historic meaning.